Oct 11, 2006

Macro of the Mundane

Few creatures are as mundane, and annoying, as the fly. But when a masterful photographer like Brian takes a macro of one, it makes one stop and consider this insect in a whole new light.

Don't get me wrong, I still dismiss them as mundane and annoying (and usually at the receiving end of a fly swatter), but those eyes are amazing. I wonder what the world looks like to them ...

... actually I don't. Their world consists of feces and rotting things. I'll pass.

3 comments:

Chris Kreussling (Flatbush Gardener) said...

But how beautiful those feces must appear with those eyes! Like a thousand jewels ... glistening, brown, jewels ...

Okay, I'll stop now.

Raging Wombat said...

Thanks for stopping, Xris. That was getting more than a little disturbing. I can't recall the last time I envisioned piles of poo as glistening, brown jewels. :)

Raging Wombat said...

Kelly, I imagine that depends on how crappy any given song is.