Dec 23, 2007

Happy Birthday

Ugly Overload turns two years old today. That means that UgO can finally ambulate on two feet, can speak in quasi-comprehensible complete sentences, and is almost due to be potty trained. But until that time, I look forward to another year of ugly. I hope you do too. I'm not the activist type, but I consider it my personal duty to bring you animals that are otherwise ignored or shunned.


Like butterflies.


Laura sent me this shot she took in Florida's Butterfly World. She prides herself in this photo, not so much because of the colorful wings and snazzy thorax, but because of that alien face. This just goes to show that sometimes even pretty things shouldn't be looked at too closely.


Thanks, Laura.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh? Alien face? I don't see anything other than a butterfly o_O

Arachnophile said...

I think I'm missing it too. I'll try blowing up the picture. :)

HAPPY B-DAY to my favorite place in the Blogosqhere [sp?].

Congrats Wombat!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Ugly Overload.

Much more importantly ... Happy birthday, Jesus!

John

Anonymous said...

The alien face and the engorged, pendulant, segmented abdomen.

Doug Taron said...

Cairns birdwings are beautiful. The males are even prettier.

Nonexistant Black Feather said...

so, to make up for emerging nematodes yesterday, you post a butterfly? *giggles*