Jul 8, 2010

Lift a glass to the ugly

Pull up a chair and welcome to my ugly beer party!


OK, actually those bottles are empty. They're part of my collection of beers with ugly animals on the label. I'm sorry to report that apparently you can no longer buy this wonderful homage to the elephant seal:



But despair not. We've got a warthog, and if you're not a drinker, you can buy a t-shirt of this one instead:


The very best, though, has to be this fantastic wolf eel:

(You can get a t-shirt of that one too, but it's a different, colorful version.)

Doing research for this post, I stumbled across another one that I don't have that I really need: Ugly Pug Black Lager! If anyone happens to see this in the Washington, DC area, please drop me a line.

Cheers,
Wombat

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Warthog! It's one of my favourite summer beers. Big Rock's a great microbrewery.

Nicole said...

I love to try strange and unusual beers and these are some of the best! We have a carryout that lets you mix and match 6 packs and it is fun to buy them and try them. Lots of the Rogue beers have interesting labels and the beer isn't bad either!

sensibletron said...

The Flying Dog beers don't exactly have ugly animals on them, but since Ralph Steadman illustrates the labels, they're still pretty hideous.

Glenn Raymond said...

It does not matter what the wrapper looks like, it's what's inside that counts.